How to Clean Body Jewelry
AlluringBody gold and platinum do not tarnish. Usually warm water with a little antibacterial soap and a soft brush are all that you need to clean your body jewelry and restore sparkle. Here are some other tips for keeping your jewelry looking beautiful for years to come.
- Antibacterial soap can be harsh on new piercings. If you piercing is new, it can be cleaned with warm salt water or a canned saline nasal spray.
- If possible, keep your jewelry away from cleaning products and chlorine. Over time, they can discolor or damage gold and gemstones.
- Dirt and oil prevent the real brilliance of diamonds from being seen. Always handle jewelry from the edges.
- Have your jewelry inspected by a jeweler annually to check for loosened prongs, and general wear and tear.
- Store jewelry in a soft pouch when it is not being worn.